Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Anti-Diet - Day 1

Saturday, July 9th, 2011


Bobby and I started our process free diet this morning. I'm not sure why we started on a Saturday. I think I felt so stuffed and gross from the way I ate on the cruise that I was ready for it!

For breakfast this morning I made a strawberry/blueberry smoothie.

You'll need 1 cup of yogurt. I love Stoneyfield organic yogurt!


I don't know that it's not processed, but when I was talking to my weight lady, she said I would need more protein, and recommended Greek or Organic Yogurt


And POM's Cherry Pomegranate juice. It's loaded with antioxidants.


Stevia is a plant that produces a sweet leaf. You can boil the leaf in water to make sweet tea, naturally. This is a natural sweetener with 2 calories a serving. I actually prefer Splenda, but this is a more organic option.


Look who's snuggling


I put the strawberries and blueberries in the blender. About 1 1/2 cps. strawberries and 1/2 cup blueberries.


And add 5 Tbsp of the POM juice


3 tsp. Stevia


Blend. I'm not sure why but I really like this picture.


Add 1 1/2 cps. yogurt and blend!



Ta-da! A wonderful, antioxidant packed fruit smoothie.



I made a pretty simple lunch but we enjoyed it! I started with hot potatoes!
For the hot potatoes, I started with 4 red potatoes and microwaved them each for 1 1/2 minutes, flipped and heated for another 1 1/2 minutes. Then I put them on a pan and mashed them down a little with a fork.


I added a little EVOO on each potato...


...and a little seasoning salt... Then I stuck them in a 450 degree oven for 15 minutes to get a little crunch around the edges.


Then I prepare some fruit for the week and for our lunch.
Fresh pineapple. My FAVORITE fruit!


Cantelope. Bobby's FAVORITE fruit!


This is just the fruit I've washed, cut and prepared for the week. When we're hungry and need a little snack we can just grab some.


Our lunch consisted of tuna, fruit salad, hot potatoes and lemon ice tea sweetened with Stevia.


Obviously, Bobby and I both really enjoyed this simple, processed free meal.

I took pictures for dinner but my camera battery is dead and so am I. We cleaned out the cars today, the house, unpacked and worked in the yard. I'm ready for another vacation!!!
For dinner we had baked chicken with spinach sauted with onion and garlic, along with baked Zucchini. Then we had dessert, which I will post pictures of later. I cooked some peaches on the stove with cinnamon and nutmeg, and topped it with vanilla yogurt. It was scrumptious, but I still REALLY craved some things I can't eat this week...Such as potato chips...ranch dip with veggies...chocolate!!! I'm going to search for a few more recipes to substitute these cravings! I'll keep you posted :)


No comments:

Post a Comment