Friday, July 8, 2011

Chocolate, Chocolate Cake

Chocolate Chocolate Bundt Cake

So this has to be the easiest cakes in the world...and loved by all. And it really isn't even considered baking because I used a box!!! But still, it's really good and really rich and I promise if you make it for a group it WILL BE a crowd pleaser....here you go...


You will need...

- 1 Box of Devil's Food Cake Mix

- 4 oz. packet of chocolate pudding mix

-1/2 cp oil (canola or vegetable)

-1 1/2 cp semisweet chocolate chips

- 4 eggs

- 1 cp sour cream

- 1/2 cp warm water


Preheat oven to 350 F



So just dump everything into one bowl. "Dump" probably isn't the most appropriate word to accompany this picture...sorry. Mix it up until it's well combined. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and pour the mixture into the pan.



Like so!

I had forgotten to take a picture so I had to pull it out of the oven and take one. This is what it looks like 5 minutes into baking...in case you wanted to know.



And THIS is what it will look like 45 minutes after baking.



VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Let the cake sit for 10 minutes before you dump it out. No more, no less. It has to cool enough that it will hold together but not so long that it cools to the pan. Ten minutes is the perfect number.



This part is very important, to me anyway. This cake is too rich for me and so this is what I suggest. Grab some fresh strawberries and quarter them. I added a little bit of sugar and let them sit for a few hours in the fridge. But you don't have to if you want to be "healthy"... even though you're already making a chocolate cake.



I sliced the cake and topped it off with vanilla ice cream and the strawberries. I made this twice last week and the second time I used Cool Whip, which I recommend over the ice cream. It's a little bit lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment